The Murphy & McGonigle International Advisory team provides strategic and general business advice to clients on international business expansions, operations and global transactions, specifically in the areas of financial services, biotech, energy and health care. From managing M&A transactions and negotiating a broad range of commercial agreements in Asia-Pacific, Canada, Latin America, and the European Union to serving as the Independent Advisor for a Swiss bank to our work with international entities on FCPA and anti-bribery policies and procedures, our team helps our international clients face unique and challenging issues.
We provide our clients with up-to-date information in order to anticipate and react to impending regulatory changes. But beyond that, our attorneys’ strong relations with government and business leaders help us keep our clients informed with regard to doing business globally. Our team offers guidance on a wide range of matters – from acting as a sounding board to providing a plan of action to working hand-in-hand with our clients.
Our clients benefit from our experience and understanding of business goals and legal issues domestically and abroad.
Our attorneys are fluent in Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin Chinese, German and French.
- Represented a company, which develops and markets an alternative energy source, in all aspects of their business operations in Asia.
- Represented an EB-5 regional center in an SEC investigation concerning foreign investments in a U.S. manufacturing firm.
- Assisted a biotech corporation with market access in East Asia, specifically Japan and Vietnam.
- Represented a specialty themed construction company in establishing both a corporate and manufacturing presence in East Asia to support the company’s book of business in theme park construction in the region.
- Advised a law firm interested in expanding their offices to East Asia to support and expand their clients with interests in the region.
- Assisted an accredited U.S. university looking to affiliate with a university in Vietnam.
- Advised a global financial services client regarding research policies and procedures.
- Served as Independent Examiner for a Swiss banking institution in connection with the Department of Justice Program for Non-Prosecution Agreements or Non-Target Letters for Swiss Banks.
- Represent banks, headquartered or doing business in, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
- Represented a Canadian broker-dealer in U.S. regulatory matters.
- Served as Independent Consultant to a global financial institution to review and test its policies respecting compliance with Section 9(a) of the Investment Company Act arising out of the institution’s SEC settlement regarding its underwriting of securities.
- Served as defense counsel for a Swiss bank in connection with the Department of Justice Program for Non-Prosecution Agreements or Non-Target Letters for Swiss Banks.
- Represented a senior trader of a global bank in an SEC enforcement action alleging parking of securities.
- Represented a Canadian executive charged by the SEC in federal court with securities fraud and selling unregistered securities.
- Advised global advisory/corporate relations firm on anti-bribery policies and procedures.
- Served as defense counsel to the owner of Brazilian farming operations in connection with securities fraud action in federal court.