Our attorneys are nationally recognized by their clients, peers, adversaries and securities industry regulators for their experience and expertise in securities arbitration at FINRA and other self-regulatory forums, and in mediation and other alternative dispute resolution forums.
In addition to successfully arguing the seminal United States Supreme Court cases that established securities arbitration as the primary forum for investor disputes, Murphy & McGonigle attorneys have decades of experience representing most of the major investment banks and broker-dealers and have arbitrated -- through full hearing -- hundreds of securities arbitrations throughout the United States involving complex sales practice, trading, banking, employment, operational and other matters, with damage claims as large as one billion dollars.
- Recovering over $12 million for a major global bank (and dismissal of employee counterclaims) after a series of arbitration hearings seeking enforcement of notes with their former employees.
- Obtaining favorable settlement for a major global bank in a $20 million sales practice arbitration.
- Obtaining dismissal for a broker-dealer client after a hearing in a $2 million sales practice arbitration.
- Obtaining an expungement award after a hearing on behalf of the president of a mid-sized broker-dealer.
- Defending client against “selling away” allegations.
- Obtaining favorable settlements and awards for a wide-range of broker-dealer clients in other FINRA arbitrations nationwide involving sales practice, trading, employment, due diligence and other disputes.