555 13th Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20004
Fax: (202) 661-7040
Audit and Accounting
Enforcement Defense and Government Investigations
White Collar Defense, Investigations, and Compliance Counseling
Mr. Brown focuses his practice on securities enforcement defense, white-collar criminal defense, securities litigation, and commercial litigation. His clients include individuals and companies involved in investigations and litigation with the SEC, United States Attorney’s Offices, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and various state regulators.
Mr. Brown is also recognized for his experience in e-discovery and electronic records management issues. He has served on the faculty of the Georgetown University Law Center Continuing Legal Education Advanced E-Discovery Institute, conducted other CLE-related training, and advised clients on these matters.
While Mr. Brown was an attorney in the SEC’s Division of Enforcement in its Chicago office, he held the positions of Branch Chief, Senior Attorney and Staff Attorney. While with the SEC, Mr. Brown supervised and participated in a variety of matters including the prosecution of a federal court action to a successful conclusion where the Commission sought emergency relief, as well as accounting fraud, violations of Commission Rule 102(e), insider trading, broker/dealer supervision, investment adviser, investment company, market manipulation, fraudulent offering, misappropriation, transfer agent, and tender offer cases.
J.D., with High Honors, Chicago-Kent College of Law (IIT), 1994
B.A., Philosophy, University of Delaware, 1991
District of Columbia
- Murphy & McGonigle, Washington, DC, 2010 to present
- LeClairRyan, Washington, DC, 2009 – 2010
- Mayer Brown, Washington, DC, 2005 – 2009
- Crowell & Moring, Washington, DC, 2004 – 2005
- Clifford Chance, Washington DC, 2000 – 2004
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Chicago, Illinois, 1997 – 2000
- Gardner, Carton & Douglas, Chicago, Illinois, 1995 – 1997
- Law Clerk to the Hon. James L. Latchum, U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware, Wilmington, Delaware, 1994 – 1995